National Associations, Agencies
- The Access Fund
- The National Park Service Homepage
- US Forest Service
- The American Alpine Club and Alpine Club of Canada
- NOLS, National Outdoor Leadership School
- American Mountain Guides Association
- American Safe Climbing Association
- Sierra Club
- American Sport Climbing Federation
- Junior Competition Climbing Association
Area Associations, Clubs
- U of Cincinnati Mountaineering Club
- Ohio Chapters of Sierra Club
- Miami U Outdoor Pursuit Center
- Explorers Club of Pittsburgh
- Princeton Outdoor Action
- Red River Gorge Climbers’ Coalition
- Southeastern Climbers Coalition
- The Carnegie Mellon University Exploration Club
- Harvard Mountaineering Club
- Columbus Outdoor Pursuits
Info on Local Climbing Sites
- John Bryan State Park webpage
Climbing Guidelines, Photos, route descriptions
- Logtown, Lisbon, OH
An online guide to Ohio’s “premier” sport climbing area
Climbing Gyms, Schools
- For Ohio Gyms, see the OCA Resources Guide page
- New England Ice page, condition reports
- Climbing in Vermont
- Smuggler’s Notch ice
- Climbing Central, Climbing north and west of Chicago. Good info on Canadian ice climbing.
- Cold Mountain
- Build your own Woodie.
- Route Guide to climbing in Michigan, PA, West Virginia, etc., from a commercial site, trails-edge.com
- Acclimatization, Outdoor Action Guide
- US Highpoints, info on high points in all 50 states
- Rocky Mountain National Park, an unofficial site.
- White Mountains, N.E.’s finest.
Misc. (Commercial, Gov, Links-to, etc.)
- Climbing, the mag.
- Mountain Zone climbing archive
- New River Gorge, official gov site.
- Rock and Ice Online, the mag, site has different content.
- Seneca Rocks the WVa mecca for Ohio climbers.
- Nelson Rocks, pay to climb in the Nelson Rocks Preserve, WVa.
- The Gunks, climbing in the Shawangunk Mountains.
- Yahoo, climbing index.
- The Krummholz Zone, Award-winning page with info on Ohio and adventures in the eastern U.S.
- Pittsburgh Area Climbing
- rec.climbing, the ever popular
- rec.climbing.useful, a WWW moderated ‘newsgroup’ on at www.trailspace.com .
- American Bouldering Series, comps for everybody!
- McConnell’s Mill, western PA
- Niagara Glen
- The Gunks
- New England Bouldering, includes eastern states
Note: The Ohio Climbers Association provides these links ONLY as a service to the climbing community. The OCA assumes no responsibility or liability for errors or inaccuracies, and makes NO warranty of any kind (express, implied or statutory) with respect to this information.
Unless stated, the OCA receives no revenue from any of the listed sites. OCA Advertisers are listed separately.